Line Repair

Where does the City responsibility begin/end for water and sewer services to residences?

The City responsibility begins/ends at the property line or the utility easement line depending on how the property was platted. For water services, the meter box is the dividing line. Anything within the meter box or on the street side of the meter box is the City’s responsibility to maintain. For sewer services, the sewer clean out or City clean out near the sidewalk, street, or back fence if the sewer main is in the rear of the property, is the dividing line. The clean out and piping from the clean out to the sewer main is maintained by the City.

How do I contact the Line Repair Department for after hour emergencies, such as water leaks or sewer blockages?

The Line Repair Department has personnel on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays. Our main number is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week as well. That number is 281-554-1390.

Show All Answers

Q: Line Repair
Q: Water Production
Q: Undirectional Flushing