League City partnered with the GPS navigation software application, Waze, to better inform residents about construction, congestion, and street closures throughout the City.
As part of the collaboration, League City’s Traffic Department will have:
- 24-hour, real-time access to Waze data and insights so they can manage traffic better and make better infrastructure decisions.
- The ability to share information with residents regarding street closures due to flooding and inclement weather.
- The ability to inform residents of construction projects and event-specific traffic control.
Citizens who download the Waze app will have:
- Access to real-time traffic data and maps to shorten their drive and commute times.
- Step-by-step live navigation with the fastest route for current traffic conditions.
- The ability to receive alerts regarding accidents, closures, and emergencies.
- The ability to inform League City and their neighbors of traffic problems or safety issues.
Download the Waze app today for Free on your mobile device or tablet.