League City promotes a rain barrel program for water-wise conservation. The barrels are 50-gallon capacity, mosquito resistant, locking with a child-proof lid, and include an overflow hose attachment. They are used for harvesting rain water, which helps protect rivers and streams from runoff pollution. They also help supplement the water supply by using rainwater to irrigate gardens and landscapes.
Interested in the Rain Barrel Program? Here's how to purchase a barrel:
Instructions for Rain Barrel Program Rebate:
- Rain barrels are available for purchase from April 11 to June 11 directly through the program’s website at www.rainbarrelprogram.org/leaguecity.
- Purchases may be made by credit or debit card.
- Normal retail purchase for rain barrels is $129, but throughout the City is offering a special promotion of $65 per barrel.
- On the day of the sale, the City will have a limited number of rain barrels available for the public on a first come, first serve basis. Residents are encouraged to pre-order their rain barrel since supplies are limited
- The rain barrels will be available for pick-up on June 23, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at League City’s Public Works building located at 1535 Dickinson Ave.
The City of League City offers a $25 water utility credit for up to 2 rain barrel installations per household per year. The utility credit is only available to residential customers; commercial water customers are not eligible for this credit.
o Rebates will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until City qualifies 120 water customers for the credit.
o Applications are processed within 30 days after receiving the application.
o The City of League City may conduct a random inspection to confirm installation and functionality.
o Once the credit is approved, it will appear on residents monthly water bill.
Rebate application located at www.leaguecity.com/DocumentCenter/View/11536.