Mayor - Pat Hallisey
Pat Hallisey is a life-long resident of the Houston region. His ties to the League City and Clear Lake area go back to college when he first coached several summer league swim teams in the area.
He has held numerous public service and private sector positions in Galveston County, Harris County and League City throughout his career.
Hallisey previously served as League City’s fourth mayor from 1994 to 1995. He is credited with finishing the promises of several previous administrations starting with lobbying the council to provide the largest single tax decrease in the city’s history during this time. He also ensured bonds were sold for three outstanding projects (i.e., State Highway 96, Chester Davis Sportsplex, and the Dallas Salmon Sewer Plant expansion).
As a League City resident, he continuously volunteers with throughout the community. His volunteerism efforts include:
- Developing Helen's Garden on Main Street for his longtime friend Walter Hall
- Participated in various city, county and state committees
- Co-founded League City Proud and ‘Holiday in the Park’
- Created League City Patrons of the Parks Foundation
- Preserving the League City Butler oaks along with Margaret Revis and Fay Dudney and the League City oak tree committee
- Founder, Galveston County Beach and Shore Preservation Association
- Founder, Galveston County Gateway Visitors Center
- Founder and first President, Texas Beach and Shore Preservation Association
- Board Chairman, Galveston County, YMCA
- Board Chairman, Clean Galveston, Inc.
Hallisey is also actively involved with the Texas Jaycees, League City Jaycees, and Boy Scouts of America.
Pat during his time in the private sector did duty with the Harris County Flood Control District putting together a program for Tropical Storm Allison flood damage property mitigation.
His awards include:
- Silver Eagle Award for Community Service, Boy Scouts of America
- Coastal Contribution Award, Texas General Land Office, 1997
- Citizen of the Year, Bolivar Chamber of Commerce, 1990
- Who’s Who in Government Services, 1990
- Citizen of the Year, North Galveston County Chamber of Commerce, 1988
- President’s Award, Texas Recreation and Park Society, 1987
Hallisey and his wife, Janice, have two daughters and have lived in League City for more than 30 years.
He has served as mayor since elected in March 2016. His term will expire in November 2022.
Email Pat Hallisey