Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery Program (CDBG-DR)
Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) are federal funds provided to states and local municipalities to assist in recovering from hurricane and other natural disasters. Funds may be used in rebuilding damaged homes and structures, improving drainage and other infrastructure, economic recovery, and buy out and acquisition programs to mitigate for future flooding. On August 26, 2019, the City of League City submitted multiple applications for CDBG-DR funding to the General Land Office of Texas for infrastructure and drainage improvement and for acquisition and buy out programs related to Hurricane Harvey.
Public Hearings, Council Meetings, documents, notices and other information related to the CDBG-DR application and project development can be found here Version OptionsCDBG-DRHeadline. The CDBG-DR applications can be viewed here Version OptionsCDBG-DRHeadline.
CDBG-DR Housing Guideline Public Comment Period Open
The City of League City Draft Housing Guidelines for the Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Acquisition and Buy Out program is now available for public comments. A copy of the draft Housing Guidelines can be found at the link provided below or a hard copy may be viewed upon request at 300 West Walker Street, League City, TX 77573. Please contact the City's Grant Administrator at 281-554-1365 to schedule an in-person viewing or to request translation services. Public comments and questions may be emailed to Grant Administration or mailed to City of League City, ATTN: Grant Administration, 300 West Walker Street, League City, TX 77573. Public comments and questions related to the draft Housing Guidelines for the CDBG-DR Acquisition and Buy Out Program will be collected from May 27, 2021, 6:00 p.m. to July 30, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
CDBG-DR Voluntary Buy-Out Program's Tiered Environmental Review
The City of League City CDBG-DR Voluntary Buy-Out Program Combined Notice of Intent and Request to Release Funds is available for public viewing and comments. A copy of the notice can be viewed at City Hall, 300 W. Walker Street, League City, TX 77573 or online at the link below. Public comments or questions may be mailed to City of League City Grant Administration, 300 W. Walker Street, League City, TX 77573 or emailed to GrantAdministration@leaguecitytx.gov. All comments received before September 20, 2022 will be included in the official Environmental Review Record (ERR).
- NOI RROF Tiered Review - City of League City Voluntary Buy Out GLO 20-066-049-C772, Posted 09/08/2022 (PDF)
Other Related Notices and Documents:
- Notice for City of League City's CDBG-DR Voluntary Buy Out Program (PDF)
- Notice of Proposed Civil Rights Resolution, posted 05/14/2021 (PDF)
- Updated Contract Reporting Form - Infrastructure (PDF)
- Updated Contract Reporting Form - Buy Out (PDF)
- CDBG-DR Funded GLO Contract 20-065-141-C780 Brittany Bay, Newport and Ellis Landing, and The Landing Subdivisions Drainage Improvements Draft Environmental Assessment for Public Comment (PDF)
CDBG-DR Funded GLO Contract 20-065-141-C780 Main Street and Wesley Project
The proposed project consists of storm sewer improvements along Main Street and Wesley Drive including upsizing the existing storm sewer lines, installing new storm sewer lines, and increasing storm water discharge to Corum Ditch east of the North Wesley Drive culvert crossing. The storm sewer lines would be installed under the existing pavement along Main Street and Wesley Drive and would outfall into Corum Ditch. No new ROW or property acquisition is anticipated. A United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Nationwide Permit (NWP) 7 – Outfall Structures and Associated Intake Structures would be required for this project. No other permits are anticipated.
- Early Notice and Public Review of a Proposed Activity in the 100-Year and 500-year Floodplain (PDF)
- Main Street and Welsey Drainage Improvement Final Floodplain Notice, Published 10/27/2022 (PDF)
- Main Street and Wesley Drainage Improvement Combined FONSI and NOI-RROF, Published 12/15/2022 (PDF)
CDBG-DR Funded GLO Contract 20-065-141-C780 Oaks of Clear Creek Detention Ponds Drainage Project
The Oaks of Clear Creek Detention Ponds drainage project originally proposed to install two (2) detentions ponds to help contain 100-year storm events and flooding hazards experienced in the Oaks of Clear Creek subdivision. The proposed northern pond would be an estimated 60 ac-ft and act as the main location for the storm sewer drainage. The proposed southern pond would be an estimated 8 ac-ft and would assist the larger northern pond by detaining any potential runoff. The project is located within the Oaks of Clear Creek Subdivision, latitude 29.500568, longitude -95,09226, in the general area located north of Water Oak Drive, west of Highway 3 South and south of Bradshaw Ditch.
- Notice of Contract Amendment of GLO Contract 20-065-141-C780 Oaks of Clear Creek Detention Ponds Drainage Project (PDF)
- Early Notice and Public Review of a Proposed Activity in Wetland GLO Contract 20-065-141-C780 Oaks of Clear Creek Detention Pond (PDF)
For more information or to file a CDBG-DR complaint related to Section 504, Section 3, or Fair Housing, contact the City Grant Administrator at 281-554-1365 or email Grant Administration.