Hiring Process & Registration
Our Next Civil Service Entrance Exam Will Be in Early September 2021.
Please continue to check our website and follow us on social media for Entrance Exam updates.
Recruiting Event At LCPD
Recruiting events at LCPD is for those thinking about a career in Law Enforcement and joining the League City Police Department.
Attendees will be introduce to our Recruiting team and be able to ask questions during a small presentation. Following the Q&A session, a brief station tour will be given. Attendees will then be given the opportunity to practice our Physical Assessment Test (P.A.T). The Practice P.A.T is given at the same standards as our Official P.A.T. Those who choose to practice the P.A.T, can practice all or any portion of the test (minus the mile and half run). Please come dressed in PT gear if you plan on practicing the P.A.T.
This is an informal event, and we welcome all who are interested in joining the League City Police Department Team.
Event Dates will be listed soon.
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- Pass written portion of civil service exam.
- Pass physical assessment test.
- Pass comprehensive background investigation.
- Pass oral review board.
- Complete and turn in personal history packet.
- Pass polygraph, medical exam, and drug test.
- Pass psychological test and evaluation.
- Official offer of employment.
- Certified applicants enter the field training program.
- Non-certified applicants are sent to a local police academy. The academy will be chosen and paid for by the department. The cadet will be paid while going through the academy, cadets will enter the field training program.
Personal History Statement (Background packet)
All applicants must successfully pass each of the following steps in order to be considered for employment with the League City Police Department. The process is thorough and will take between 80-180 days.
Anyone who passes the civil service exam and the physical assessment test is required to submit a personal history statement to continue with the hiring process. The deadline to submit the packet will be announced on the day of the exam. No packets will be accepted until after testing is completed.
The packet should be completed fully and accurately. To ensure that the packet is submitted by the deadline, it is recommended that you begin completing the packet now. The Personal History Statement (PDF) and applicable required documents (listed on page 47) should be submitted to the Human Resources Department located at 300 West Walker by scheduling an appointment for drop-off at 281-554-1010. Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
- If you are still having difficulties, please review this link: Personal History Statement Download Tips (PPT)