Hiring Process & Registration
REGISTRATION FOR THE NEXT POLICE OFFICER ENTRANCE EXAM IS NOW OPEN
July 15, 2022, @ 7 PM
(Location: Hometown Heroes Park, 1001 E. League City Pkwy, League City, TX. 77573)
- Meet all Eligibility Requirements.
- Pass the Written portion of the Police Officer Entrance Exam.
- Pass the Physical Assessment Test.
- Complete and turn in the Personal History Statement packet.
- Pass Oral Review Board.
- Pass a comprehensive Background Investigation.
- Pass Polygraph Exam,
- Pass Psychological Test and Evaluation.
- Pass Medical Exam, and Drug test.
- Receive an Official Offer of Employment.
- Certified applicants will enter the Field Training Program.
- Non-certified applicants are sent to a local Police Academy. The Academy will be chosen and paid for by the Department. The cadets will be paid the PN1 pay rate while they attend the Academy. After graduation, cadets will enter the Field Training Program.
Personal History Statement (Background packet)
All applicants must successfully pass each of the following steps to be considered for employment with the League City Police Department. The process is thorough and will take between 80-180 days.
Anyone who passes the civil service exam and the physical assessment test is required to submit a personal history statement to continue with the hiring process. The deadline to submit the packet will be announced on the day of the exam. No packets will be accepted until after testing is completed.
The packet should be completed fully and accurately. To ensure that the packet is submitted by the deadline, it is recommended that you begin completing the packet now. The Personal History Statement (PDF) and applicable required documents (listed on page 47) should be submitted to the Human Resources Department located at 300 West Walker by scheduling an appointment for drop-off at 281-554-1010. Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
- If you are still having difficulties, please review this link: Personal History Statement Download Tips (PPT)