On June 21, 2020, the City of League City is initiating annexation proceedings on approximately 1,270 feet of unimproved Pin Oak right-of-way. The annexation was initiated by the City of League City and the annexation consists solely of right-of-way.
St. Edmunds Green Annexation
On August 25, 2015, the City of League City initiated annexation proceedings on approximately 94.03 acres of land, located west of State Highway 3, between Tangarine (18th Street) and 20th Street running west a distance of approximately 1.05 miles to the current City Limits of League City. This annexation was initiated by the City of League City and is an involuntary annexation.
- City Council Resolution Initiating Annexation (PDF)
- Draft Service Plan (PDF)
- Location Map (PDF)
- Notice of Annexation to Property Owners (PDF)
- Notice of Annexation to Utility and Service Providers (PDF)
Timeline of Annexation Process
- August 25, 2015 - City Council initiates annexation proceedings, setting public hearings, and directing the preparation of service plan.
- September 13, 2015 - Deadline to send notice of 1st Public Hearing to property owners and utility/service providers.
- September 27, 2015 - Notice of 1st Public Hearing published in newspaper.
- October 11, 2015 - Notice of 2nd Public Hearing mailed to property owners and utility/service providers. Notice of 2nd Public Hearing published in newspaper.
- October 13, 2015 to 1st Public Hearing before City Council.
- October 19, 2015 - Planning and Zoning Commission to recommend zoning.
- October 27, 2015 to 2nd Public Hearing before City Council.
- November 17, 2015 to 1st Reading of Annexation Ordinance by City Council.
- December 8, 2015 to 2nd Reading of Annexation Ordinance by City Council. Adoption of Annexation Ordinance.
Development Agreements for Agricultural, Wildlife Management & Timber Land
Section 43.035 of the Texas Local Government Code requires the City to offer development agreements, exempting them from annexation for a period of 10 years for any land appraised for ad valorem tax purposes as agricultural, wildlife management, or timber land. All completed development agreements must have been returned to the city of League City by Monday, November 9, 2015.
For more information regarding these annexations please contact the League City Planning Department at 281-554-1080