Building Department Issued Permits
Apply for building permits using the Online Permit Portal. You may also use the online portal to search for existing permits, pay invoices, locate projects occurring in your neighborhood, and find out about upcoming planning hearings.
Police Department Issued Permits
To obtain the following Police Department issued permits, please click on the Police Department Permits webpage.
- Golf Cart Permit
- Moving Large Object Permit
- Alarm Permit
- Parade/Special Event Permit
- Solicitor Permit
- Sound Permit
- Wrecker Permit
Animal Care Issued Permits
- Pet License - Applicants should apply at the League City Animal Care and Adoption Center at 755 W. Walker St. Please bring a copy of a current rabies certificate. A fee of $4 is required for unsterilized animals; there is no fee for sterilized animals. Animal licenses are required of all owners of dogs/cats annually.
Fire Marshal Issued Permits
- Burn Permit - Must be obtained in person at the fire marshal’s office at 555 W Walker Street
- Fire Alarm Permit - Must be obtained in person at the fire marshal’s office at 555 W Walker Street
- Fireworks Permit - A fireworks permit is required for a licensed pyrotechnician to put on a fireworks show. This must be obtained in person at the Fire Marshal’s Office at 555 W Walker Street
- Sprinkler Permit -Must be obtained in person at the Fire Marshal’s Office at 555 W Walker Street
Finance Issued Permits
- Coin Operated Machines Permit – Applicants must apply for this permit at 300 W Walker Street at the customer service window. Please bring the serial number of the machine you would like permitted.
- Wine and Beer Permit- Applicants must apply for this permit at League City Hall at 300 W Walker Street at the service window. Please bring your county permit.